Numeric domain names, also known as numerical domain names, are domain names that use numbers as the primary or secondary component of the domain name. They can be a great way to create a unique and memorable domain name for your website.
Here are a few examples of numeric domain names:
Please note that similar to acronym domain names, it could be difficult to get a similar numeric domain name for a new business or organization as they are taken by big companies and organizations. Additionally, some TLDs (Top Level Domains) are more suitable for numeric domain names, such as .info, .net and .xyz, than others, like .com.
Here are some key points to keep in mind when using numeric domain names:
Advantages of numeric domain names
- Numeric domain names can be easy to remember, as numbers are a universal language that is easily understood by people all over the world.
- They can be a great way to create a unique domain name, as numbers are not as commonly used as letters in domain names.
- They can be useful for creating memorable domain names for businesses and websites that specialize in numbers or data, such as financial or statistics-based websites.
Disadvantages of numeric domain names
- Numeric domain names can be difficult to spell and may be prone to typos.
- Some users may have trouble remembering the exact numbers used in the domain name.
- They may not be as memorable as domain names that use letters.
Best practices for using numeric domain names
- Use numbers that are easy to spell and remember, such as common numerals like “4” instead of “four.”
- Consider using a combination of numbers and letters in your domain name to make it more memorable.
- Use the numeric domain name in marketing and branding efforts to increase awareness and understanding of the domain name.
- Numeric domain names can be a great way to create a unique and memorable domain name for your website. However, they should be used with caution and consideration. By following best practices and ensuring the numbers used are easy to spell and remember, a website can increase its chances of being found and remembered by customers.